Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A change in plans

It has been a while since my last post because I have been uncertain how to announce that I have changed my CDT plans.

After two months and ~950 miles, I returned home a couple weeks ago after realizing that a true, five month continuous thru-hike was not the right thing for me to be doing to be happy, as I badly missed friends, family, and favorite non-hiking activities.  I left the trail from Salida by hitching to Colorado Springs and flying back to Seattle.  I arrived in time to see my brother and his family who were in town for a few days, go on a trip with friends to Oregon, and participate in the Fremont Solstice Parade.  I am also helping with the sea kayaking and hiking treks and carpentry projects at the camp I used to work at.

My CDT journey is not over, however.  I plan to return to hike several hundred more miles in Montana (Glacier NP, Bob Marshall Wilderness) and Wyoming (Yellowstone NP, the Wind River Range) in late July and August.  For those who have not done so already, please follow the blog by entering your email to receive updates when I get back on the trail.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome home! I can completely relate to the need to be around people and do non-hiking things. And I'm glad you avoided the inferno!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news, the CDT isn't going anywhere! Lots of adventures to be had. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha you made a wise choice I think, like Renee said, it'll always be there, you can always spread it out.

    ReplyDelete